We are here for you.
Updated January 14, 2021
Being Ready for What’s Next has never felt more important than it does today.
We are excited to welcome you in our branch lobbies, no appointment required. If you’re planning to visit a branch, we recommend checking this page or our locations page to ensure the location is operating normally. We continue to monitor state and local health guidelines to help ensure the safety of everyone associated with HomeTrust Bank, staff and customers alike, and may adjust our plans accordingly.
Lobby service by appointment only:
- Forest City, NC
- Lobby service available by appointment only. Drive-thru service is also available.
Drive-thru service only at the following branches:
- Church Circle – Kingsport, TN
- For lobby service, please visit the Johnson City Main branch at 1907 N. Roan Street, Johnson City, TN 37601 or Med Tech branch at 862 Med Tech Parkway, Johnson City, TN 37604.
- State Street – Bristol, VA
- For lobby service, please visit the Med Tech Pkwy branch, 862 Med Tech Parkway, Johnson City, TN 37604.
All other branch locations are currently open.
- Our lobbies are open and ready to assist you during business hours.
- Customers may continue to use drive-thru services if they prefer not to come inside.
- Our ATM’s continue to be available 24/7.
Make an appointment
To minimize wait time, and ensure we take care of your banking needs promptly, you can make an appointment with any of our branch locations. To schedule a 30-minute appointment, visit our locations page by clicking on the button below or call 800.627.1632 and press #.
- When scheduling an appointment you will be asked the following questions, please reply with a yes or no:
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 symptoms?
- Have you traveled to a COVID-19 epidemic area in the last 3 weeks?
- We have suspended all Saturday branch services.
Continue to bank with us 24/7
- Check account balances
- Securely deposit checks on your mobile device
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
Not using Online or Mobile Banking? Start now. Enroll in online banking here, and download the mobile app for your device below.
Here to help
Savings & Money Market Accounts
Effective April 29, 2020, HomeTrust Bank has suspended the limitation on savings and money market transactions in line with the Federal Reserve Board’s recent ruling in response to COVID-19. Previously, federal regulation capped certain savings and money market transfers and withdrawals at six per statement cycle. Savings and money market transactions will remain unlimited until the Federal Reserve Board issues additional guidance clarifying whether or not this change will become permanent. Please return to this page for updates or further changes.
COVID-19 hardship assistance
We know you may experience financial hardship making loan payments or fulfilling other financial obligations during this difficult time. We’re here to help. Click below for options.
Call our dedicated line at 800.627.1632, and press * Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Due to high demand, call wait times may be longer than normal. You may also request the documents by completing an online form.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this situation together.
How we can help:
- Loan payments for qualifying customers may be deferred for two months on:
- Mortgage loans
- Construction loans
- Home equity lines of credit (HELOC)
- Auto loans
- Other installment loans
- Late fees were not assessed March 23 through May 31, 2020.
- Foreclosures and repossessions were suspended until May 31, 2020.
You will need to speak with us to be considered for hardship assistance. Call 800.627.1632, and press * to work with a representative. Before you call, please be sure to have one of the following ready to send to us so we can process your request:
- Letter or relevant communication from your employer informing you of changes to your hours, employment status, or layoff.
- Pay stub showing a decrease in income.
- Approval letter for unemployment benefits.
Please know that due to increased call volume, hold times may be long. We appreciate your patience as we work as quickly as we can to help you.
Commercial and Business Loans
For businesses experiencing disruption of normal operation during this time, we will work with you to find the solution to fit your business needs.
Those solutions may include:
- Interest only and loan payment deferrals
- Working capital loans
- Small Business and SBA assistance and guidance
- More broad, long-term solutions tailored to your specific circumstance
Contact your Relationship Manager for trusted, solid advice on how HomeTrust can help you manage your business through this difficult time. Our goal is to work with you through any disruptions to your business and emerge stronger when they have been overcome.
To align with the need to maintain social distancing, remote banking can help keep you and your staff safe. We’re ready to help you get started with the right tools.
- Remote Deposit Capture: Scan checks from home or office, reducing exposure to others. This also saves time if you normally send staff to the branch.
- ACH/Wire: Eliminate paper and reduce the chance of surface transmission of the virus by using electronic funds transfers rather than checks. We can also help you receive ACH credits instead of “bill pay” checks. ACH and other electronic payments can be initiated remotely, with no check printer needed.
- Online Banking: Commercial Center can be custom configured to meet your company’s specific needs.
- Fraud Prevention: Double down on your controls and diligence to prevent fraud. Consider using Positive Pay, if you don’t already. Unfortunately, we anticipate that fraud attempts will increase as a result of this pandemic.
Contact your Relationship Manager to discuss how to get started.
Stay safe and up to date
Your Deposits are FDIC Insured
Despite the challenges presented by the Coronavirus, it’s reassuring to know your deposit accounts like your checking and savings accounts here at HomeTrust Bank are insured up to $250,000 by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
The FDIC covers the traditional types of bank deposit accounts – including checking and savings accounts, money market deposit accounts (MMDAs), and certificates of deposit (CDs) up to $250,000.
The FDIC recently shared this short, yet informative video on their Facebook page
If you’d like to learn more about FDIC insurance, please visit their website or call our Customer Care Center.
Beware of Scams
HomeTrust Bank will never ask you for your personal information or login credentials in an email or text message. Look out for suspicious email and text messages, medical supply scams, and fraudulent donation sites that may impersonate a company, charity, or government agency.
The intent is to convince you to share sensitive information such as usernames and passwords or download malware onto your device by opening malicious attachments.
If you receive a suspicious email or text message, don’t respond, click on any links, or open attachments. Also, ensure any webpage you visit is verified.