Buying your first home
HomeTrust Bank’s mortgage experts provide you with guidance on the questions above, help you understand what’s involved with getting a mortgage, and help you select the best mortgage for your financial situation.
We also help you get pre-approved before you start house hunting, so you know exactly what you can afford. A preapproved offer lets sellers know you are ready and serious about a purchase.
These tips can make your first-time home buying process smoother and faster.
- Buying your first home has many advantages, but it’s also a huge responsibility. Be sure to consider all the costs, including maintenance and unexpected expenses.
- Look at your finances, including your credit report, amount of debt, any late bill payments or financial disputes.
- Work with a mortgage expert to get pre-qualified and pre-approved so you feel confident making an offer. Our mortgage experts can explain the differences between a pre-qualification and a pre-approval so that you choose the best option for you.
- Establish a budget. Consider your monthly expenses; how much you can save monthly, how much you can put down, and taxes and insurance costs.
- Gather the documents you need for a loan application. This includes pay stubs, checking and investment statements, and credit card documents.
- Decide what type of loan is best for you—there are government guaranteed loans such as FHA, USDA and VA and conventional loans, fixed rate and adjustable rate.
- Do your research. There are many helpful US government resources online, and our mortgage experts also offer resources and guidance.
Let our mortgage experts help you get pre-approved now!