US Government loans through HomeTrust Bank offer low rates and terms
HomeTrust Bank offers several different US government home purchase loan programs. These programs make purchasing a home more affordable by offering lower rates and terms with fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages. You can take advantage of these as an eligible borrower and receive loans with little to no down payment.
If you are working to improve your credit rating, can’t afford a 20% or more down payment or are a first-time homebuyer, a FHA (Federal Housing Administration) loan may be your best loan option.
FHA loan basics:
- Offered for new and existing homes.
- Available in fixed-rate or adjustable-rate terms with low closing costs.
- A family member or employer may gift you with 100% of a down payment.
- Have strict inspection requirements.
A USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) is a government loan program from the Department of Agriculture in partnership with HomeTrust Bank. Through this program, we work with low- and moderate-income families in rural areas to make home ownership possible.
These fixed-rate loans allow you to purchase a home with no money down. Closing costs may be paid by the seller or be financed into the loan.
USDA loan basics:
- Allow qualified buyers to purchase a home with no money down.
- All closing costs may be paid by the seller or be financed into the loan.
- The home must be a primary residence.
- Must satisfy US Citizenship requirements.
HomeTrust Bank is honored to provide these fixed-rate loans by partnering with the VA (Veteran’s Administration). The VA guarantees a portion of these loans, allowing us to provide favorable VA loan rate terms.
VA loan requirements include:
- Being a current or former member of the US Armed forces or surviving spouse.
- Fulfilling the VA’s length of service or service commitment requirements.
- Meeting the VA’s character of service rules.
Let our mortgage experts help you get pre-approved for a US government guaranteed loan now!