Home Equity Line of Credit
Use your home’s equity to improve your home or fund events
Whether it’s home renovations, repairs, a major event, or education expenses, your home equity can cover the costs.
What is a home equity line of credit?
- As you pay off the mortgage on your home and improve your home, you build equity.
- A home equity line of credit, sometimes called a “HELOC”, is similar to a home equity loan. Both allow you to borrow money using the equity in your home as collateral.
How does a home equity line of credit work?
- Your line of credit will depend on the amount of equity you have in your home, along with several other factors.
- You can borrow up to 85% of your home’s value.
- Rather than getting one large sum and having to pay interest on the balance, you use only what you need2.
What are the benefits of a home equity line of credit?
Apply Online or with a Banker
Either way, your application will be taken quickly, easily, and correctly so you feel confident.
Great Rates & No Closing Costs1
With some of the lowest rates around and no closing costs, you will be confident you are getting a good deal!
Consolidate Your Other Debts
Already have a home equity line of credit somewhere else at a higher rate? High-rate credit card balances? No problem. Save big when you bring your current balances to HomeTrust.
With our state-of-the-art approval system, we get your dreams started faster than ever – less than three weeks in most cases.
Interest-Only Payments for 10 Years2
Pay only the interest amount on the loan each month for the first 10 years.
Not Sure You Need a Line of Credit?
By opening one now, you ensure it will be there when the time is right.
Ready to get started?
Prefer to talk with a lender?
No problem. Schedule an appointment with one our lenders today.
Subject to credit approval. Contact a HomeTrust Banker today for more details and program information.
- No fees must be paid to the bank to open and maintain a line-of-credit. However, you may have to pay certain fees to 3rd parties. If we cannot determine your home’s value by an automated valuation model, you may have to pay for the cost of an appraisal, normally no more than $450. If your property is in VA or TN, a recordation tax is payable to the Commonwealth. This tax varies based on location; however it approximates $0.25 on every $100 borrowed. HomeTrust Bank will pay up to a maximum of $400 towards VA or TN recordation fees for qualified borrowers. If applicable, the total of all fees payable by you generally ranges between $350 and $3,500. If you terminate your line of credit within the first 36 months of account opening, an early termination fee will apply. The early termination fee will equal all fees paid to third parties by HomeTrust Bank at account opening.
- Payment amount is interest-only during the 10-year draw period. After the draw period ends, you must repay any outstanding balance over a 15-year repayment period. During the Repayment Period, your minimum monthly payment of principal and interest (P&I) sufficient to amortize the outstanding principal balance over the term of the repayment period at the current rate of interest. This payment will change monthly as your balance, interest rate, and the remaining number of months in the repayment period change. You must pay the entire account balance owed under this agreement on or before the maturity date.