The Importance of Talking to Customers
Each of your customers holds a small key to the success of your business.
Whether it’s in person or online, how you interact with people can affect your company, and indicate what you’re doing well, and what might need some work.
Every interaction is an opportunity to create a new customer, who in-turn, may tell others about your business.
Here are some tips for interacting with customers:
- Politely greet them when they enter your store.
- Be sure to answer your phone promptly and courteously, and return calls as quickly as possible.
- Check your business email frequently and respond as soon as you can.
- If you have a presence on social media, be sure to look at comments and questions regularly.
- If several people ask for something you don’t currently offer, it might be worth adding to your inventory.
- Always address customer concerns and complaints.
- And make sure to thank patrons for stopping by.
When it comes to customer interaction, there are a lot of things you can control if you take the time to ask and listen, that will make a difference for your business and your regulars.